With the weather starting to cool off, there's nothing better than a nice warm pan of brownies...with a touch of vegetables!
If you are not a huge vegetable fan, the easiest way to get your recommended daily amount of vegetables (2-3 cups) is by hiding them in different meals and snacks you have throughout the day. Some of my favorite ways to incorporate veggies into my meals and snacks are by adding chopped bell peppers into our hamburger patties, mushrooms into our spaghetti meat sauce and grated zucchini into our brownies. The best part about doing this is that you probably wouldn't know there were vegetables in these dishes if you weren't making them yourself.
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (divided)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350°F & line a 9x13 baking pan with foil.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa & baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until smooth. Cool slightly.
4. To the melted chocolate, add oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg whites & vanilla extract & mix until well combined.
5. Stir in the flour mixture to your chocolate mixture & then fold in the grated zucchini. Spread into the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle the leftover chocolate chips over the top & bake for about 30 minutes. Once cooled completely, cut the brownies & enjoy!!